looking to improve my monk

Posted by Member berzerkerxx on 1/7/13 04:43 PM #1

Is there anywhere I can improve my Monk? Right now I'm only able to do monster power 2 efficiently.

Posted by Member Metta on 1/7/13 05:08 PM #2

What is your budget? I think you can get to 100k DPS with less than 10M, but 150k DPS will take you closer to 100M.

Your amulet can definitely use an upgrade. Try to get 7-8% CC along with the 50% CD and some dex/+damage. That would help your DPS a lot.

Your EF damage is also pretty low. I think you can get 1100+ DPS on that for a fairly reasonable price.

The rest of your gear isn't terrible, but a lot of it could be improved. It all depends on how much gold you have. I myself consider my gear "average" because I downgraded a lot of it and sold my uber gear for USD.
Posted by Member berzerkerxx on 1/7/13 05:20 PM #3

I think my budget can be up to 50 milliion.how much all resist is needed to be able survive, right now I'm pretty much dead without serenity up
Posted by Member Baldy on 1/7/13 07:23 PM #4

Posted by berzerkerxx at 01/07/2013 05:20 PM

I think my budget can be up to 50 milliion.how much all resist is needed to be able survive, right now I'm pretty much dead without serenity up

I notice you use One With Everything as a one of your passives, yet, you don't have a specific resistance that you stack. By stacking one type of resistance you reap the benefit of OWE. If you were to find gear with say fire, your resistances will go up dramatically with only 3 or four pieces of gear with the same res on them. Otherwise you are just "[filtered]ing in the wind" as it were.

Find things with all res and fire, but not necessarily both on the same piece, and you will be doing pretty good. Use my monk for a reference if necessary. Notice quite a few of my pieces have fire res on them but not necessarily all res. That's what I mean by stacking. You get the all res benifit from OWE without actually having to buy gear with all res as a stat, which can get pretty pricy...
Posted by Member berzerkerxx on 1/7/13 07:41 PM #5

thank you much appreciated for the help
Posted by Member berzerkerxx on 1/7/13 07:55 PM #6

Ok now with resist is fixed. Went from 400 to 600. is life steal and loh need on my weapons? the next this to upgrade?
Posted by Member Metta on 1/7/13 08:03 PM #7

I think I run with 450 resistance and about 40k HP. I do run MP0 though, so I one-shot everything. If I used LS weapons, I could probably go as high as MP7 without really dying ever (maybe reflect mobs). Even on MP9 and 10, I can pretty much stand in desecrator and still tank. The key is having good DPS (around 150k) and using 3.0% and 2.5% LS one-handers. But having a good balance of resistance, HP, and armor is also important.

Things to improve immediately:
-amulet with CC
-EF with higher DPS

Things to also look at:
-Nat's Boots/Ring (for 7.0% CC)
-Inna's Temperance/Favor with Vit
-Inna's Vast Expanse with higher Vit
-Replace off-hand with something that has stat/CD/socket/LS
-Better gloves
-Better ring