Share your inferno farming builds!

Posted by Member LSOLive on 8/1/12 04:31 PM #1

Hey guys, thought it might be interesting to see what skills you guys are using to farm inferno, especially those of you who do things against the norm.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aPYVgX!aYe!ccbcYZ

I use hungering arrow/spray of teeth as my main skill as well as cluster arrows/loaded for bear for burst damage. Since I no longer have a constant hatred spender, the bat companion is unnecessary. Paired with a bow or 1h xbow for faster attack speed, hungering arrow can replenish hatred very very quickly.
Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 8/1/12 04:38 PM #2

My build

I have been using this build for a long time, I can not stress enough how amazing Dashing Strike is. It get's me out of trouble all the time and it is just beyond fun to use. The only weird thing about my build is I do not use "One with everything" rather I just have a ton of All Resistance on my items which allows me to easily tank any act. Oh and Sweeping Wind with the Cyclone rune is absolutely amazing with a lot of crit chance.

Also a quick note - if you use the link button to link a build or a item from the official website, it creates a link that you can mouse over to quickly see information without having to click it.
Posted by Member Jrmint on 8/1/12 05:01 PM #3

Only farming Act 1 currently but I use the following:
Caltrops w/ the Stun
Smoke Screen w/ Lingering Fog
Prep w/ Battle Scars
Shadow Power w/ Gloom (so underrated)
Hungering Arrow w/ Shatter Shot
Elemental Arrow w/ Frost

Works pretty nicely.
Posted by Member FORGE on 8/1/12 05:17 PM #4

I use this for a somewhat tanky, LoH WR run build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UPdXgV!gXe!cYbZYc

Grenades - Gas Grenades
Cluster Arrow - Cluster Bombs

Vault - Tumble
SS - Lingering Fog
Shadow Power - Gloom
Prep - Backup Plan
Posted by Member MoD2009 on 8/1/12 05:39 PM #5

Hungering Arrow- Devouring Arrow
Cluster Arrow- Loaded for Bear as your hatred dump

Bat companion
SS with Lingering fog as an "oh shit" button
Preparation with back up plan to continue SSing as necessary
Shadow power with gloom for reflect mobs
Posted by Member cuppycake on 8/1/12 05:42 PM #6

Posted by Jrmint at 08/01/2012 05:01 PM

Caltrops w/ the Stun
Prep w/ Battle Scars
Elemental Arrow w/ Frost

Works pretty nicely.

that's almost exactly what i'm using to farm act 1, with the exception of using vault with tumble instead of shadow power and elemental arrow with ball lightening and caltrops with torturous ground.
Posted by Member KarelC on 8/1/12 06:17 PM #7

I use this: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fRdSXV!aeY!bcbcZb
and I find it works decently well
Posted by Member znarlz on 8/1/12 06:22 PM #8

I don't know my exact build. But I never leave home without a Monk!
Posted by Member Snowie on 8/1/12 06:40 PM #9

Elemental arrow, frost arrow
Hungering arrow, spray of teeth
Vault, tumbple
Smoke Screen, lingering fog
Traps, scatter
Preparation, healing rune.
Works perfectly for me especially with lots of crit dmg considering how much the traps can do
Posted by Member lazcanma on 8/1/12 06:42 PM #10

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXYVg!aYe!caZZcY

That's what I'm using farming acts 2 and 3.
Posted by Member Omnio on 8/1/12 06:52 PM #11

Here's what I use.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fSXdVg!YTe!bcZbcY
Posted by Member Katalyst on 8/1/12 08:04 PM #12

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXgYV!YeX!caZYZc

been using this for a bit for Act3 spider->azmo runs.. switch out ball lightning for cluster bombs when i feel like a change..
Posted by Member masterking608 on 8/1/12 10:25 PM #13

evasive fire- covering fire
elemental arrow- nether tentacles
raven- bat
vault- acrobatics
multi arrow- damage rune
cluster arrow- bearing

pretty solid build, got me through act 2. took a break and made a monk, but i'll be back to it soon. :)
Posted by Member infeKteDx on 8/2/12 12:42 AM #14

I'm using the LoH crossbow/shield build, however I can only run act 1 & 2, anything passed that and I'm a dead man, it's pretty upsetting, no matter what I do, I can't seem to progress act 3 + :[
Posted by Member joshroxu on 8/2/12 01:33 AM #15

Posted by Jrmint at 08/01/2012 05:01 PM

Caltrops w/ the Stun
Prep w/ Battle Scars
Elemental Arrow w/ Frost

Works pretty nicely.

I love gloom ^^
Posted by Member LSOLive on 8/2/12 07:27 AM #16

Interesting to see that some people are taking preparation battle scars for healing over the 30% chance to not trigger cool down. Personally, the chance to use more smokescreen/shadow power etc is just too good to give up, especially as I can usually heal to full or almost full with one usage of shadow power.

Anyone out there that uses cluster bombs in their build? I gave it a try but just found it too hard to aim compared to loaded for bear. I did see this video explaining the pros/cons of cluster bombs and a bit more about its usage together with impale. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqlyFvUMAco) I'll definitely be giving something like this a try for act 3 progression!
Posted by Member anxdiety on 8/2/12 08:46 AM #17

My gear/build can be found here:
http://d3up.com/b/474

I play a fairly standard build but with a couple of minor differences. I use Focused Mind with Prep and Jagged Spikes on my Caltrops.
The reasoning is that with Nat's 4pc bonus I already have high regen but with Focused Mind adding an additional 3 disc per second I can spam Caltrops/Gloom repeatedly to face tank some really annoying things like Phase Beasts.

My typical farming run is approximated 45 minutes to clear 10 packs as well as Cydea/Azmodan in Act 3.
Posted by Member Deemeetree on 8/2/12 02:24 PM #18

Posted by LSOLive at 08/02/2012 07:27 AM

Interesting to see that some people are taking preparation battle scars for healing over the 30% chance to not trigger cool down. Personally, the chance to use more smokescreen/shadow power etc is just too good to give up, especially as I can usually heal to full or almost full with one usage of shadow power.

Anyone out there that uses cluster bombs in their build? I gave it a try but just found it too hard to aim compared to loaded for bear. I did see this video explaining the pros/cons of cluster bombs and a bit more about its usage together with impale. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqlyFvUMAco) I'll definitely be giving something like this a try for act 3 progression!

I use cluster bombers paired with caltrops with immobilize. It makes it really easy to nail all of the elites in the pack after the first attacks and with high crit chance all the bombs can do a ton of damage.
Posted by Member strend on 8/2/12 08:46 PM #19

Hungering Arrow(Devovering or Teeth) + Cluster bombs.
Caltrops w/ hooked spines
SmokeScreen w/ lingering fog
Preperation w/ backup plan
Shadow Power w/ Gloom

Sharpshooter + Steady Aim + Archery

I have about 60k damage without SS and have little problems farming act3/4

I also have Natalya 4 set bonus and +10 max disipline, wich helps =P

For demon hunters: get / save up for natalya 4 set bonus, get some extra dicipline and d3 is a whole lot better...
Posted by Member apocalyptic on 8/2/12 11:39 PM #20

Posted by MoD2009 at 08/01/2012 05:39 PM

Hungering Arrow- Devouring Arrow
Cluster Arrow- Loaded for Bear as your hatred dump

Bat companion
SS with Lingering fog as an "oh [filtered]" button
Preparation with back up plan to continue SSing as necessary
Shadow power with gloom for reflect mobs

I'm using the exact same build with bat companion swapped out for Caltrops with Jagged Spikes. This works very well for kiting, as well as additional DPS. Against reflect damage mobs, it keeps me alive with a decent amount of LOH or Life Steal.

The additional hatred isn't very helpful IMO, since Loaded for Bear isn't much for sustained DPS.
Posted by Member Quetzl on 8/3/12 04:19 PM #21

I use a tanky build:

Left - Hungering Arrow with Devouring Arrow (increases damage by 70% after pierce)
Right - Fan of Knives with Hail of Knives (20 yard radius)
Q - Caltrops with Bait the Trap (10% crit when standing inside)
W - Shadow Power with Gloom (65% damage reduction)
E - Spike Trap with Scatter (all 3 traps at once)
R - Preparation with Battle Scars (60% heal)

Passives:

Sharpshooter (3% crit every second until you crit)
Numbing Traps (enemies hit by fan of knives, caltrops, spike trap, have damage reduced by 25% for 3 seconds)
Cull the Weak (15% damage against slowed enemies)

I find that laying a caltrops, putting up shadow power and all 3 traps at once is pretty strong, basically a full heal if you place the traps right with 65% damage reduction and big crits. Also another 25% damage reduction from numbing traps and 15% damage boost from cull the weak. I've farmed Act 3 quite a bit but mostly act 2, since the vault of the assassin has about 10 rare spawns in it and is fairly small.

I use a slow 2h crossbow, which is nice with the mines. Hungering arrow takes care of those pesky dune stingers. I rarely have to kite, but still have to be careful when I'm out of discipline since demon hunters are really squishy without their cooldowns.
Posted by Member sadture on 8/5/12 03:46 PM #22

If any of you are running nats set try upping your resists to 300+ and use nightstalker while spamming shadow power gloom. Im not gonna go into details but there are so many build possibilities with this setup!
Posted by Member aryo on 8/7/12 02:39 AM #23

I love the flexibility of the DH... I started out as a Monk first and decided to try out DH. I immediately loved it cuz there are so many different tank builds available.

Here's what I use:
grenades - cluster grenades
caltrops - jagged spikes
preparation - battle scars
chakram - shuriken cloud
cluster arrow - loaded for bear

Passives: grenadier, custom engineering, numbing traps or cull the weak...

As Quetzl said above, tanking can be awesome as long as you're mindful of the discipline supply. But other than that, it's so easy to kick ass!
Posted by Member mybnoyb on 8/9/12 03:43 AM #24

Hi,

I am not even at that level ;-) too scare!
Posted by Member Nseven on 8/10/12 04:49 PM #25

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYXSV!TYe!YaZZZc

This is the build i use aiming for high crit chance/dmg

© 2023 DiabloHub | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact