Tank Monk

Posted by Member Metta on 1/19/13 03:05 PM #1

I was kinda wondering about the threshold to one shot people with crits as well as the requirement to survive crits. So I'm kinda experimenting with a tank build. Here are the specs:

http://i.imgur.com/Z9Do70i.jpg

Link

I tried to balance very tanky features with adequate DPS, so it's not all tank. I kinda want to test its viability in PvP. I'd appreciate it if people would duel with me using different kinds of builds and from different classes just so I can see exactly how useful a tank spec is. Well, that is as soon as Blizzard will let me import my character...
Posted by Member yoyo on 1/20/13 12:29 PM #2

I've tweaked my Barb a bit since we last played and I'd be interested to see how I match up. If anyone else is interested in dueling just add me. eric#11412
Posted by Member Khan on 1/20/13 01:24 PM #3

Tweaked my WD a little so hit me up. I want a rematch!
Posted by Member briangp on 1/20/13 03:32 PM #4

I don't think you have enough dmg to go up against anyone. They'll leech any dmg you do back in 1 hit.
Posted by Member Metta on 1/23/13 04:35 AM #5

Posted by briangp at 01/20/2013 03:32 PM

I don't think you have enough dmg to go up against anyone. They'll leech any dmg you do back in 1 hit.

I don't think that's true. I've been moderately successful against lower hp DH/WD at 100k DPS or so. My crits can still one shot and I haven't really been able to test the full survivability of this build because for some goddamn reason, Blizzard won't allow me to upload [filtered]. And it's been over a week since I uploaded my character to the PTR...

Nevertheless, here is a hybrid build that raises the DPS slightly while sacrificing a little bit of EHP.

http://i.imgur.com/p59uqBF.jpg

Link

If anyone has 100-120k DPS, I'd be interested to know what your results are as far as one shotting and kill speed...