Spectrum

Posted by Member Bort on 4/7/13 11:58 PM #1

Hey guys.

I would just like to know, the spectrums with the out-of-this-world DPS values. Can they only drop in Inferno ponyland? Or can you get a spectrum in any difficulty with high DPS?
Posted by Member nuhertz on 4/8/13 05:13 AM #2

Inferno whimsy only. The high level dps spectrum and horadric hamburger are a result of an ilvl 63 damage roll, which can only happen in inferno.

The spectrums only drop from purple monsters (uniques), and finding team unicorn effectively quadruples your chances as it counts as 4 individual drops.

Hamburgers only drop from the piñata, but can be better because it rolls 2 affixes, so it can theoretically roll a socket and high dps.

These two items are probably the easiest items to farm because they are the only ones with a set location.

Good luck!
Posted by Member Baldy on 4/8/13 05:14 AM #3

I have found decent dps Spectrums in Inferno. I believe that is the difficulty that you would have the most luck finding Spectrums with the higher DPS.
Posted by Member ecocd on 4/8/13 05:22 AM #4

Does anyone have a feel for how often the uniques appear? I thought it was around 1/5, but based on some runs I've made, I feel like it might be less. I believe both Spectrums and Hamburgers have a fixed chance to drop, too, though I don't know how often. I'm really surprised Blizzard hasn't fixed this yet and I still think they're one of the best long-term investments in the game. If they don't fix it wih 1.0.8, then their planned Legendary item scaling in 1.0.9 will likely fix this automatically. Everyone knows has expensive Nat's Legacy set has become.
Posted by Member baccarat0809 on 4/8/13 09:32 AM #5

I've got a lovely, and I do mean LOVELY, spectrum up for sale right now.

708 DPS Black blade.

Yours for the low, low price of 2 Billion gold - though I'd probably accept 1.8B gold.

Cash works as well.

I also accept bids on back scratching time (minimum of 30 minutes), long walks in the park and, oh yeah, I need somebody to cut my toe-nails. You'll need a spectrum to cut them since they're so damn hard.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 4/8/13 10:41 AM #6

708? Did you happen to buy that off the RMAH for around $33? I feel like I just sold one of those......
Posted by Member baccarat0809 on 4/8/13 12:58 PM #7

Posted by nuhertz at 04/08/2013 10:41 AM

708? Did you happen to buy that off the RMAH for around $33? I feel like I just sold one of those......

Bought it off the AH but not can't remember what I paid for it. Let me find out shortly.
Posted by Member baccarat0809 on 4/8/13 01:05 PM #8

Ok just checked - bought it for $27.18 when takes were figured out - so probably bought around $25 or so. At the time I had around $80 in proceeds sitting around, figured I'd be able to see it around $40 or so, but everybody else was much higher, so I've been listing it high - and this am when I checked I was the highest blade - let alone a black blade - on the GAH all together, so since it was the highest blade out there I threw 2B on it. In all reality I'd much rather put the blade up on the RMAH but being the top of the search function is better this was for now. The last spectrum i flipped I picked up a rather nice chunk of change - probably around 150M on the flip - but that left me with a a ton of gold - which i have slowly moved over into other things or cash.

I'd love to be able to "cash out" as I probably have around $300 worth of stuff now - its just going very, very slowly.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 4/8/13 01:55 PM #9

I've been cashing out at discount prices. Gold is devaluing pretty quickly, and prices in the RMAH are falling too. I'd rather have the money in my Paypal account than having to slowly watch things sell. I'd rather speculate on 9 items and put up one guaranteed sale, than try to sell 5 at market value and not see it move. Psychological thing for me, really.
Posted by Member Baldy on 4/8/13 05:20 PM #10

Posted by baccarat0809 at 04/08/2013 09:32 AM

I also accept bids on back scratching time (minimum of 30 minutes), long walks in the park and, oh yeah, I need somebody to cut my toe-nails. You'll need a spectrum to cut them since they're so damn hard.

ZOMG YES!! THIS!!