Reaper of Souls Gem Leak

Posted by Member nuhertz on 9/17/13 08:12 AM #1

http://www.adriacraft.net/images/stories/news/2013/Sep/17/ros_gems.jpg

So the diamonds look.....diamondy.

What else do you notice? New tier of gems..... Nope.

Unless they change it so that the higher level gems drop, and I can't imagine they will, it looks like gems will be a good investment for the expansion!
Posted by Member ecocd on 9/17/13 10:37 AM #2

Given all of the other changes they're making, I'm wondering if all the Gems are going to move to some sort of "per level" bonus. With the dps coming on the level 70 weapons, the rubies in weapons would once again be worthless so we'd be left with a debate between emeralds and whatever diamonds give. Of course, if they pump thorns like they've talked about, those Topazes could be pretty snazzy in a weapon.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 9/17/13 11:17 AM #3

Diamonds will be Bonus Vs Elite in weapons, Reduce Spell Cooldown in helm and All Resists in armor.

I'd be surprised if gems weren't tweaked. But at least without a new tier, it looks like current gems will hold their value.
Posted by Member mentok1982 on 9/17/13 11:56 AM #4

Posted by nuhertz at 09/17/2013 11:17 AM

Diamonds will be Bonus Vs Elite in weapons, Reduce Spell Cooldown in helm and All Resists in armor.

I'd be surprised if gems weren't tweaked. But at least without a new tier, it looks like current gems will hold their value.

Where is the source for this information? I can't find it on Diablofans.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 9/17/13 12:37 PM #5

Direct from @Anuiran.

Also here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1kvsg7/diamond_speculation_thread/
Posted by Member ecocd on 9/19/13 07:42 AM #6

I figure Diamonds probably go up to around +20 All Res at Radiant Star, maybe 25. Does this make class armors like Tal Rasha's Armor a bit more valuable? We won't need All Resist to drop as an affix on Blackthorne's, Tal Rasha's, or Inna's armor. Inna's Pants and Blackthorne's pants likewise no longer require AR as an affix. I don't see +20 AR making a big difference in rings and amulets, but the option will be there, at least.

Edit: Of course with the new Loot, no one may be using them even as the set pieces scale to level 70. Incidentally, how do you think set bonuses will scale with difference levels of set pieces? Does a pair of level 10 set items from Inna's Grandeur still give +130 Dex? Are the set bonuses scaled with the items? Yeesh, this could get complicated or dramatically overpowered.
Posted by Member mentok1982 on 9/19/13 07:47 AM #7

Don't forget Tasker and Theo and Ice Climbers!

Tasker and Theo can come with AR on one of its two rolls and Ice Climbers always have 71-80 AR.

EDIT
Oh and don't forget socketed shields, sources, mojos and quivers. I don't think AR ever appears on sources, mojos and quivers.
Posted by Member ecocd on 9/19/13 07:52 AM #8

Posted by mentok1982 at 09/19/2013 07:47 AM

Don't forget Tasker and Theo and Ice Climbers!

Tasker and Theo can come with AR on one of its two rolls and Ice Climbers always have 71-80 AR.
With how AR scales, but attack bonuses do not, I think it's still going to be best to stick base gems in items that already have AR. Of course, we don't know how Inferno+ is going to f*** with us. We already know they're heavily testing nerfing life steal on skills in favor of life regen so we might be headed to 800 AR or bust territory and those Diamond-socketed Ice Climbers or Nat's Rings will be looking pretty damn good.