Your 2nd Thought on 1.07?

Posted by Member douvinsky on 2/15/13 03:49 PM #1

I am borrowing the title format from @Metta's Your Initial Thoughts on 1.07?.

My thoughts:

1) Brawling
- never tried, never my thing in Diablo. In WoW it was my natural instinct to kill other player especially if they are from the other fraction (horde vs human), and it was fun to kill players in mass in battleground.

2) Crafting - tradable plans
- They don't sell for much, with the exception of a few which goes over 1 million, but still not much if you take into account the drop rate at low MPs. 1 million is pocket change, for most players who can farm higher MPs.

3) Crafting - end product
- Account Bound. If you already have decent DPS (me =170k), it is very hard to hit a good roll which can increase your DPS. As other members pointed out, some gears are not "worth the probability" to craft unless you want to kill some gold and time, and just for the love of crafting. I may craft a few more bracers but that should be about it.

4) Crafting - mats
- Demonic Essences seems to be too easy to get at low MPs. If I am not going to craft a lot, I don't know what to do with them when they are not tradable.
- I still do not pick up tomes from the ground.

With the checkpoint now reset to town, I no longer resume the game outside Azmodan. My new farming route with max MF:

Quest: 2nd Heart, MP1
- TR into skycrown, collect 5NVs, to Stonefort WP
- WP to Tower 1, do one circle
- WP to Bridge, do one circle
- WP to Keep 1 walk into Keep 2
- Portal to town, WP to Tower of the Curse
- Kill Cynaea, Kill Azmodan, flow to Act IV, kill Rakanoth

Up my DPS, after buffs at 271k:
http://i.imgur.com/edHZei2.jpg

Also made a great sale of a level3 sword for 388k gold. The market for leveling is an active one. I make a few pages of low level sales a day.

http://i.imgur.com/OBit9Br.png
Posted by Member ecocd on 2/15/13 03:53 PM #2

Do you mean they removed the waypoint for Azmodan's entrace? Otherwise, there's a town portal that opens when you Resume Game at the last known checkpoint. Have you tried that?
Posted by Member douvinsky on 2/15/13 04:36 PM #3

Posted by ecocd at 02/15/2013 03:53 PM

Do you mean they removed the waypoint for Azmodan's entrace? Otherwise, there's a town portal that opens when you Resume Game at the last known checkpoint. Have you tried that?

I think the town portal should be there, I tried it at other quests and they replace the checkpoint which is outside town, with a portal. From my view, since I won't be able to resume right from the Core, I might as well TR from town into Skycrown first.
Posted by Member Socrates on 2/15/13 05:39 PM #4

I enjoyed my first experience with brawling, mostly because I whooped @Anuiran 's ass ;)

All joking aside, it could be a lot of fun. I've also been enjoying crafting bracers and improved my DH DPS about 7k and life by 4k through that.