Who wants to come with me on my first Uber run?

Posted by Member mentok1982 on 3/14/13 08:18 AM #1

After playing over 600 hours with paragon level 56 wizard, I think it is time for me to fight my first ubers and make my first Hellfire Ring. I wanted my first time to be with my IRL friends, but they don't play Diablo III much anymore. They are not sick of the game, they are just playing other newer games.

So I am looking for three people that will join me in a monster power 8 or higher Uber run. I would like to find people who will voice chat with me over Skype or another voice program. Skype is what I have installed right now.

My machines:
I have a dozen Infernal Machines.

About my Wizard:
What you see in my profile right now is my monster power 1 XP/magic find farming build.
My serious time build has:
*Over 200,000 DPS with my always on Magic Weapon buff
*An amethyst in my helm for more life
*A socketed 1,120dps, 1.65 attacks per second Chantodo's Will with ap on crit
*A Zuni Pox ring (instead of Compass Rose) that has crit chance and 34 crit damage
*Crafted bracers that give more dps
*Instead of blizzard I use Arcane Orb: Oblteration. My source buffs that skill.
*Instead of Familar I use Frost Nova: Bone Chill that increases damage on frozen monsters by 15%
*Instead of Archon I usually use Ray of Frost: Cold Blood. If you like, I could keep Archon I guess.

How I fight:
I use Ray of Frost to damage and slow enemies as they approach. Then I freeze them for 15% more damage and then I hurl Arcane Orbs at them until they unfreeze. If I need to I can use my Spectral Blades to generate more arcane power. My ice armor freezes melee attackers and after I am hit a few times, it buffs my armor by 60%. I have an incredible amount of life regen that keeps me alive in most situations and it allows me to use potions sparingly.

My life regen, armor and resistances allow me to fight most enemies at spectral blade range. I do not kite very often.

Let me know if you are interested in joining me!
Posted by Member eleganthobo on 3/14/13 09:33 AM #2

Count me in, I need to get act 3 key and get Skype first. Will be on tonight after 8pm est. Only mp10 plz.
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/14/13 09:59 AM #3

If you have the machines, I'll help you kill em. I use Skype.
But my user name eludes me and I'm at work. I sent a fr about a month ago trying to sell you potions but you never accepted lol. I'll Be on tonight if you want some help
Posted by Member mentok1982 on 3/14/13 11:51 AM #4

Posted by eleganthobo at 03/14/2013 09:33 AM

Count me in, I need to get act 3 key and get Skype first. Will be on tonight after 8pm est. Only mp10 plz.

Sounds good. I am "stephen.mcbarnes" on skype.

Posted by yoyo at 03/14/2013 09:59 AM

If you have the machines, I'll help you kill em. I use Skype.
But my user name eludes me and I'm at work. I sent a fr about a month ago trying to sell you potions but you never accepted lol. I'll Be on tonight if you want some help

Send it again. I only refuse spammy friend requests so I don't know what happened there.

Are you both going to use your barbarians and can either of you find a fourth person?
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/14/13 12:18 PM #5

I can usually always find help. We"ll see who's there when I log on tonight. I'll send another fr
Posted by Member ecocd on 3/14/13 01:20 PM #6

Posted by mentok1982 at 03/14/2013 11:51 AM

Send it again. I only refuse spammy friend requests so I don't know what happened there

Ah, you didn't know yoyo's battletag is LadySpamgoldbot#1985 named after his great-grandmother S. Pam Goldbot.
Posted by Member eleganthobo on 3/14/13 01:29 PM #7

Don't worry, me and @yoyo will smash ubers for you, and yes we can probably get someone else.
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/14/13 01:54 PM #8

@ecocd

haha, thats funny. But seriously, fast delivery under 5 min guaranteed... :)
Posted by Member mentok1982 on 3/14/13 02:38 PM #9

Posted by eleganthobo at 03/14/2013 01:29 PM

Don't worry, me and @yoyo will smash ubers for you, and yes we can probably get someone else.

Whoa now. I am not asking anyone to do my share of the killin'. I would like you to smash ubers with me, but not for me.
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/14/13 03:44 PM #10

haha, if we are doing mp10 ubers. You will have every opporitunity to smash as much as you want. Staying alive might be another matter. Trust me, even with a couple of tough barbs and who knows what the 4th will be. We will appreciate the help. Mp10 is tough lol
Posted by Member douvinsky on 3/14/13 06:02 PM #11

Woot..............when I am free I could be the fourth person if you need someone just to fill in the slot.

But at MP10, meh, I will just TR in open spaces trying to hit some destructables on the ground. I have no machines.

Edit: looks like you got the group together. GL!
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/14/13 11:24 PM #12

mentok got the ring. Nuff said. ;)
Posted by Member douvinsky on 3/15/13 01:15 AM #13

Posted by yoyo at 03/14/2013 11:24 PM

Now come over to Hardcore, all of you!
Posted by Member mentok1982 on 3/15/13 08:01 AM #14

Posted by yoyo at 03/14/2013 11:24 PM

And here it is.
http://imageshack.us/a/img201/5038/hellfiree.png

Yeah... I am going to need to try again.

Some things that happened last night:

Our original fourth guy did not accept the event for our third portal. Then he stayed in the game until we failed the fight. So we were fighting 4 person buffed MP10 ubers with only 3 people.

That same fight, 2 of us were dead, Eric (yoyo) was still alive and fighting and I noticed we had 2 minutes left on our Nephalem Valor. So I asked Eric (via Skype voice chat) to let the bosses kill him since we had only 2 minutes to find an elite and refresh our Nephalem Valor. There was no way that he could have finished both bosses in 2 minutes, even if he revived both of us. Anyway, he hesitated and we could not find and kill an elite before our stacks timed out.

But it's okay because then jiggaman (eleganthobo) showed up, we got our 5 stacks and we finished off the third portal (skeleton king and maghda).

I will end this with a funny quote from Eric. He was telling me how he almost lost a Hardcore character on an enraged Nightmare Belial and while describing this to me he said:

"My heart was beating 100 minutes a second."

So Eric has a time traveling heart or something...

All in all, I had a really fun night and I look forward to doing it again!
Posted by Member douvinsky on 3/15/13 09:09 AM #15

LOL
Posted by Member ecocd on 3/15/13 09:11 AM #16

Congrats! That's a pretty rough ring with only one mod that's any good and even that mod isn't great for a Wizard. Every ring works on a Follower! They'll only go up from there. :)

Along with leveling my WD to 60 this weekend, I'm going to be practicing with my WW/CM Wiz and hope to get a few Rings out of that. All the WW/CM Wizards seem to have an extra dozen Hellfire rings sitting around. If I ever do get the hang of it, I'll look you up.
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/15/13 09:56 AM #17

Posted by douvinsky at 03/15/2013 09:09 AM

LOL
haha, just because it doesn't make sense it doesn't mean that wasn't how it felt. :)
Posted by Member Ammostiel on 3/19/13 05:36 PM #18

Posted by mentok1982 at 03/15/2013 08:01 AM

Our original fourth guy did not accept the event for our third portal. Then he stayed in the game until we failed the fight. So we were fighting 4 person buffed MP10 ubers with only 3 people.

The next day, I had the message transmitted to me that he has a drinking problem and was so drunk at that point that he didn't remember this occurring and may have blacked out for a moment while we were waiting for that last reattempt, and that he was sorry for being an asshole.

It was transmitted to me because I already had deleted his contact and blocked communication from him at that point.

After hearing that explanation and apology, I've since unblocked him but I won't be adding him back as a friend and will likely avoid playing with him in the future. I'm glad that you got your ring quickly thereafter, but his behavior in the session was an embarrassment to me and I will not allow that to happen again.
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/19/13 05:49 PM #19

Posted by Ammostiel at 03/19/2013 05:36 PM

Posted by mentok1982 at 03/15/2013 08:01 AM

The next day, I had the message transmitted to me that he has a drinking problem and was so drunk at that point that he didn't remember this occurring and may have blacked out for a moment while we were waiting for that last reattempt, and that he was sorry for being an asshole.

It was transmitted to me because I already had deleted his contact and blocked communication from him at that point.

After hearing that explanation and apology, I've since unblocked him but I won't be adding him back as a friend and will likely avoid playing with him in the future. I'm glad that you got your ring quickly thereafter, but his behavior in the session was an embarrassment to me and I will not allow that to happen again.

@ammostiel

Don't be embarrassed for him, you couldn't have known. I've done enough successful Uber runs with you to always have full confidence in you. That guy was a dick. Mentok got the ring. everyone is happy. lol
Posted by Member mentok1982 on 3/22/13 12:42 PM #20

Hey @yoyo and @eleganthobo

Are you guys interested in doing an Uber run or two this weekend with me?

I think I am going to replace my Ray of Frost with Archon this time. Unless the enemy slowdown of RoF was something you think worked well.
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/22/13 05:21 PM #21

@mentok1982

sure, i'm always up for an uber run. Just let me know the day and time.
Posted by Member MrFox on 3/31/13 07:57 AM #22

add me...... solo carry thru mp 10... 220k unbuffed ......
Posted by Member yoyo on 3/31/13 10:15 AM #23

@mrfox

That is one hell of a Demon Hunter you got there.
Posted by Member mentok1982 on 4/2/13 09:05 AM #24

I think it will be time for another uber run soon...
Posted by Member Baldy on 4/2/13 10:17 AM #25

I'm down for later tonight/tomorrow morning. I get out of work around 1 a.m. EST.

© 2021 DiabloHub | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact