Question about legendaries

Posted by Member Mulder84 on 4/10/14 12:43 AM #1

Hi guys, I've only just recently come back to D3 RoS after a prolonged hiatus.
Been going through adventure mode a lot and have seen a clear pick-up in leg drop-rates.
However, having looked at the D3 website its not clear to me what makes a leg better than a rare, e.g. majority of new legs just say "+6 Random Magic Properties".
Is the only difference that you are guaranteed 6 properties - this cant be right can it?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but just cant work it out!

One last question - based on the latest patch notes, it looks like the best place to farm legs is rifts - is that the consensus view?

Thanks guys!
Posted by Member Lionara on 4/10/14 01:18 AM #2

hmm... i dont know if u guaranteed 6 magic properties on legis but most of them are better than on the rares and u can find som legis with unique magic properties on legis written in orange with (often) verry cool effects. - btw i sometimes find some rares, thay are better in some way than my legis but not verry often

hope this helps in some way :)

i dont know this woks or not but if u want to take a look at my gaer : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lio-2616/hero/36235055 (im on the EU server so for my the gear-site is in german) so there u can see, i played quite some time and not ALL of ny gear is legandary.
Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 4/10/14 02:52 AM #3

Posted by Mulder84 at 04/10/2014 12:43 AM

Hi guys, I've only just recently come back to D3 RoS after a prolonged hiatus.
Been going through adventure mode a lot and have seen a clear pick-up in leg drop-rates.
However, having looked at the D3 website its not clear to me what makes a leg better than a rare, e.g. majority of new legs just say "+6 Random Magic Properties".
Is the only difference that you are guaranteed 6 properties - this cant be right can it?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but just cant work it out!

One last question - based on the latest patch notes, it looks like the best place to farm legs is rifts - is that the consensus view?

Thanks guys!

Rifts are the best right now for sure. Also Kadala gives a significant amount of Legendaries now and because Rifts give a large amount of Blood Shards... that's just another reason why Rifts are really good right now.

A lot of crafted legendaries are +6 random properties. They are better than rares because they can roll higher stats than rares, for example a rare might roll 400-550 Dexterity but a legendary can roll 550-750. (Note I made those numbers up, but the point stands)

Posted by Member Baldy on 4/10/14 04:20 PM #4

@Anuiran Is this where you are finding a majority of your legs, in rifts?
Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 4/10/14 04:23 PM #5

Posted by Baldy at 04/10/2014 04:20 PM

@Anuiran Is this where you are finding a majority of your legs, in rifts?

I found a lot from chest farming, but rifts are the go to spot right now. Found 9 last night in about 3 hours.