Posted by Member Mindlessone on 10/27/12 05:37 PM
What are some of your other favorite game series, or single games?
My top 5:
1. Mortal Kombat - One of the first video games I ever played on SNES. My parents bought it for me (~7 years old at the time). Funny thing is I am absolute rubbish at these games (still), so I only play easy/medium difficulties verse the AI.
2. Halo. I will be losing some Diablo time to Halo 4 early November. I have played each one heavily. (I'll still be chatting here though!)
3. Diablo - Scared the crap out of me. Never played D2 until about 2 years ago, I think I didn't care so much for it originally because it didn't terrify me, as I remember D1 being a child. I made up for a bunch of lost time when I did get into it later though.
4. Civilization 3/4/5. Got addicted to 3+4 in college, waiting for the patch for 5 now. There is no other game, in which you don't realize how many turns you've actually taken, and then look out the window to see the sun rising
5. Star Wars Battlefronts. Still wish some of the BF3 rumors would come true.
Favorite Game Series
Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 10/27/12 07:26 PM
Other than Diablo....
1. Zelda - The first game I was ever obsessed with as a kid.
2. Uncharted - Easily my favorite playstation franchise right now, it's basically Indiana Jones and a Tomb Raider cross.
3. Final Fantasy - FF6 is freaking perfect.
4. Starcraft 2 - I love myself some RTS competition
5. I would have to say Donkey Kong Country 2 and Super Mario World as my favorite platformers.
Posted by Member razer22 on 10/27/12 07:55 PM
Street Fighter series - Fighting games was my favorite genre
Counter Strike 1.6 - Became madly addicted with this when it came out
Dragon Warrior Monsters - Played this when I was young. Loved it
Posted by Member Methrin on 10/27/12 08:07 PM
- God of War
- Donkey Kong Country
The game series I have spent the most time on and enjoyed the most.
Posted by Member Ammostiel on 10/27/12 08:14 PM
- Beatmania IIDX
The phrase I use is: "There are two types of video games - there is IIDX, and there is everything else." I'm pretty liberal in my music tastes, I like the sensation of playing music, and I tend to gravitate towards games which have a high difficulty curve. IIDX combines game challenge and music creation like no other experience I've encountered. I can't think of any other game which I could play daily for ten years and both get incrementally better each day in that duration as well as still have content that I have yet to surpass. Specifically, I use a IIDX PC simulator program so that I can play most everything in the IIDX roster as well as fanmade content (BMS Of Fighters series, &c.). My song library is a few thousand titles. I play the game on a DJ Dao Real Edition Double, which cost me $1200.00 to obtain. I will likely play this game more than anything else as long as I am physically capable of doing so.
First played on UNIX terminals in the mid 90s at high school, so I learned how to play using the VI editor key set. Always play a Barbarian because I just want to smash everything I see with the least amount of effort. It is likely because of this mindset that I have yet and may never Ascend. D3, please incorporate more roguelike elements and mechanics from Nethack. Please.
- Arcade shooters
Finally obtained a 1CC of Pink Sweets Arrange a while ago, which is the first Cave game that I've managed that feat. Cave games I own on PS2: Espgaluda, Ibara, Mushihimesama, Dodonpachi Daiojou. On 360: Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda 2, Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets, Guwange, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Akai Katana. Also on the 360 I have the Raiden Fighters Ccolleciton, as well as others like Strania and Otomedius. Also I still have a Dreamcast for Mars Matrix and the Giga Wings. High challenge and sensory overload? Yes, please, thank you.
I sitll have a large library of games (including a Neo Geo AES) but usually don't touch most of any of it now, and haven't for a long time. D3 and the aforementioned consume more than enough of my time.
Posted by Member Khan on 10/28/12 12:36 AM
1) Halo Series
2) Starcraft 2 - already doing some refresher training in preparation for the new expansion. I'll likely be taken away from D3 a bit when its released.
3) Battlefield 3 - I can fly a plane better in real life than in that game. Not meant to be. Oh well.
4) Guitar Hero - drunk parties and the kids love it
5) Mario Cart - red shell seeking your tailpipe baby
Posted by Member Methrin on 10/28/12 06:53 AM
This game still has some of the most amazing music I have ever heard.
Posted by Member Baldy on 10/28/12 11:01 AM
I'd have to say all time my favorite franchise has been Diablo,
2. Command and Conquer
3. Mass Effect
4. Final Fantasy
5. Cross betweem God of War and Halo
Homeworld (great 3d space RTS)
Grand Theft Auto
Guitar Hero (thanks @Kahn for the reminder!)
Metal Gear (all the way back to NES!)
There are others that escape my old man's memory atm.
Posted by Member ZRyoku16 on 11/5/12 05:14 PM
1. Final Fantasy - I remember playing it as a kid. The first game my grandmother ever bought me was Final Fantasy 1 for the NES.
2. Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory - I've easily sunk 1k + hours into these games.
3. Suikoden - They have the best story lines I've seen in RPGs.
4. Elder Scrolls - Add in mods for the PC versions and you have infinite replayability.
5. Dynasty Warriors/ Samurai Warriors - I like them up to DW 5 and SW 2, I've sunk about 300+ hours into each of them.
There are a few others I could name, but I can't think of them right now. :P