DIABLO III PTR 2.7.1 has Launched
Blizzard's two-week PTR (Public Test Realm) testing period for the 2.7.1 update begins June 17 and they are asking you to help stem surging demons before they take over! Take a look at the preliminary patch notes below, start working out how you'll make the most of Ethereals when Patch 2.7 arrives; and don't forget, it won't be long until these changes are live in game!
PTR 2.7.2 Table of Contents
Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change depending on testing and feedback.
PTR Focus and Details
Blizzard will be conducting the Patch 2.7.1 PTR over the course of two weeks, starting Thursday, June 17. During this time there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches - this is what the testing period is supposed to identify and fix.
- As you explore the vast lands of Diablo III, be prepared for exciting new challenges and rewards! Fight your way through hordes upon hordes of demons to earn unique buffs that will help lead you on quests. There will be three buffs that are unique to PTR 2.7.2 created to help you on your journey: increased Legendary drop rate, increased experience gains, and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary items and Ethereals
- Class and Balance Changes: Blizzard are excited to announce the changes coming to three of our most popular sets, namely Inna's Mantra (Monk), Aegis of Valor (Crusader) and Masquerade of Burning Carnival for Necromancer. The recent patches have brought a lot more maturity to skillsets that were quite underpowered in comparison with other available classes' abilities. In this PTR, Blizzard are looking at amending some significant problems within these set bonuses or providing them new options that will make it easier for anyone playing those characters/classes not only feel confident but also competitive against their peers as well! Keep an eye out before going into battle - you might just find something exciting waiting there!!
- New Season Theme Testing: As always, in this test realm Blizzard is looking to gather feedback on the seasonal theme content featuring Ethereals.
Don't forget you can feedback in the Blizzard PTR Feedback forum while bug reports should be provided in the PTR Bug Report forum.
Return to Top
Realm Testing Tips
With a short testing period, it is best to hit the ground running. Whether you are a PTR veteran or newcomer, we have some tips for getting started:
- Make sure your system meets these specs before downloading and installing PTR client - Choose an installation location that's easy to find so other players don't mistakenly download from their computer instead of Blizzard Servers when they're looking for updates in Battle net app.
- Blizzard asks players who want to participate in this short-lived PTR, focus their attention on a particular portion of this update.
- For example, if you're mostly a Wizard player, think about what changes impact the Wizard specifically. Wizards are a class that can be difficult to play well, but they have many unique strengths. One of the most important skills for Wizard players is combat and tactics planning because Wizards do not rely on dodging or blocking abilities like other classes do. The best way to find success as a wizard player is by focusing more on defensive strategy than offensive strategies during battle in order to stay alive longer so you don't die before your enemies expire
- To make sure you have everything needed for PTR, it's recommended to stock up on some Puzzle Rings and Bovine Bardiches before the start. After importing your character into an account with PTR enabled, these items can be used for quick farming of loot or time-saving buffs while testing out new classes in low level content!
- Blizzard are encouraging players to experiment by breaking things so that they know what needs fixing ahead of launch day.
- When giving feedback about changes made always mention how they've affected you - did something seem off? Did something lack enough detail? Blizzard need to hear your suggestions for us to let our team know first if there are bugs present!
Return to Top
Here are the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.7.1.
Table of Contents:
Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated.
Developer's Note: Diablo II caused a storm when it was released more than 20 years ago, and Blizzard would like to introduce a feature to honor that legacy. For this seasonal theme, the inspiration took shape by reimagining how Ethereal items in Diablo II could manifest in Diablo III. In Season 24 of Diablo III, these rare weapons are powerful but fleeting because they only last for 1 hour per use! There are 21 iconic weapons from Diablo II making a return including their own unique effects such as life steal or critical hit chance boosts which allow you greater freedom during battle while maintaining your edge over enemies at all times - just make sure not to die before using them up since there is no guarantee on where another one will appear next time round!
New Season Theme:Season 24 will be the first time in a decade that gamers will be able to acquire an entirely new weapon-type called Ethereals. These powerful weapons have randomly generated affixes, as well as either one of two random Class Weapon Legendary Power or Class Passive Power - two of five different possible Passive Power types. The developers at Blizzard Entertainment are excited about this because it adds quite a bit more variety than what was present before and allows for further exploration into Diablo II's iconic soundtracks which originally inspired these unique powers with their own original icons, names, item types, and sounds! Check out this list :
- Ethereals are account-bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, or destructibles but do not require your character to be level 70 in order for them to drop. They cannot also come from Kanai’s Cube nor Kadala the Diablo 3 Auction House.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- In this Season, there are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai's Cube, Items or Skills.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
Season Rewards: Two unique new rewards, a portrait frame, and a pet will be granted to players who complete the Season 24 Guardian Journey. Please note that the reward content will not be available during PTR 2.7.1.
Return to Top
- Monk | Skill Change:
- Mystic Ally - Fire Ally: Now splits into 2 splits instead of 5, but now all Fire Allies can split. The damage radius slightly increased and damage increased from 480% to 1920% weapon damage.
- Mystic Ally - Earth Ally: Damage increased from 380% to 4500% weapon damage.
- Wizard | Skill Change:
- Mirror Image: ?Mirror Image icon now displays a counter to display how many Mirror Images are active.
Item Changes in this Test Realm
- Inna's Mantra 4-Piece Set: Gain the base effect of all four Mantras at all times. You gain 5% damage reduction for each Mystic Ally you have out. Your Mystic Allies no longer take damage.
- Inna's Mantra 6-Piece Set: Gain the passive abilities of the five runed Mystic Allies at all times. Attacking enemies creates your chosen Mystic Ally that lasts 15 seconds, up to 10 Mystic Allies. The damage of your Mystic Allies is increased by 950% for each Mystic Ally you have out.
- The Crudest Boots: Mystic Ally summons two Mystic Allies that fight by your side. They deal 300% to 400% increased damage and are able to attack with their active forms longer.
- Bindings of the Lesser Gods: Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take 300% to 400% increased damage from your Mystic Ally for 5 seconds. Split Fire Allies gain 5 times this bonus.
Developer's Note: Inna's Mantra played similarly to other Monk sets and didn't have a strong identity. We want to see the Mystic Ally play a more important role, rather than simply providing a passive power boost.
- Aegis of Valor 2-Piece Set: Attacking with Fists of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Heaven's Fury to deal 125% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Masquerade of the Burning Carnival 6-Piece Set: Bone Spear cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 6000% increased damage.
Developer's Note: Aegis of Valor and Masquerade of the Burning Carnival have been overperforming for several seasons. Blizzard are adjusting these sets in the interest of competitive variety.
Return to Top
Return to Top
How to Participate
You'll need to sign up for the Diablo III public test and download software from Blizzard before you can start. This is a simple process that requires just an email address, password, game license attached to your Battle.net account in good standing (i.e., one not suspended or banned), and downloading of the Blizzard desktop app if it's something new for you!
- Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
- Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
- Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate.
Return to Top
PTR Character Copy
Blizzard is making it easier for people to play the PTR on their live account. You can copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account and have them ready in seconds! Although, you are only allowed one region copied at a time so if you choose to copycharacters from another region then any previously copied PTR character will be lost.
The option that has been made available by Blizzard allows players of Diablo 3 within an active subscription service to easily create copies of their current gameplay experience with little hassle or difficulty without having previous knowledge beforehand about how things work when being transferred into this new game client server environment which offers many different playable options like leveling up multiple classes simultaneously as well as having access not only across local networks but also external servers.
- Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
- Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
- Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
- Step 4: Select your region.
- Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
- Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
- Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
Copy characters from one region at a time. Bear in mind, you can only copy on once every 24 hours and any previously copied PTR character will be lost if you choose to switch regions.
Please note that copying over your favorite heroes is limited by the amount of times per day, as well as which game mode they were created in!
Return to Top