GAH broken for me :*(

Posted by Member shniggies on 2/18/13 01:18 AM #1

so its been almost 5 days since I've been able to use the GAH on NA servers.

Heres the official thread on bnet : linky

I also opened a ticket cuz i got fed up with waiting for them to fix, or at least ack the problem...
so basically the problem is, i can't sell or buy ANYTHING on GAH right now. I get error 0, or error 31408
I think the problem stems when you have too many items in your AH stash. I guess i wasn't paying attention, and i had 53/50, and ever since then, i've had this problem... so don't let your AH stash get too full...

RMAH seems fine, but GAH is totally broken for me... sadness

i found a good deal on some CC lacuni, but i couldn't buy them, nor could anyone on at the time buy them for me :(

http://i.imgur.com/vMT05bg.png

http://i.imgur.com/NJmGPkU.jpg
Posted by Member douvinsky on 2/18/13 02:28 AM #2

Argh. That probably explains.

My hardcore AH was at one point quite full. I was sort of utilising the space of 50 item limit. Recently I have some weird behaviour in AH eg after I bought out some items, they just don't show up at all in my list, and sometimes they appear automatically into my stash. So far the missings reappear and could take up to a second day for them to do so. Currently I am still waiting for a few millions offhand to appear from me. I hope I won't lose it.
Posted by Member ecocd on 2/18/13 03:37 AM #3

I have a feeling the long maintenance Tuesday has much more to do with the AH than the patch or the game. Too many oddities going on. Delving into the cesspool of the official message boards, there appears to be a few more AH complaints than normal.
Posted by Member douvinsky on 2/18/13 04:01 AM #4

nvm... I read the official forum too, people are experiencing items not showing up as well.
Posted by Member shniggies on 2/18/13 11:02 AM #5

theres a maintenance scheduled? can you link me?

edit:

found it here!

http://www.d3rmt.com/blizz-tracker/thread/7923693132/
Posted by Member Maes on 2/18/13 11:08 AM #6

Yeah on tuesday there is a 12 hour maintenance scheduled, i really hope they fix this BS with the AH as I have also been getting error 0/31048 for the past few days
Posted by Member shniggies on 2/18/13 11:43 AM #7

i got a reply from blizz:

Thanks for contacting us.

We are aware of the issue you reported; and our developers are currently working on a solution.

In the meantime, I cleared the cache on your account. Please try removing any remaining items from your "Send to Stash" tab. Then check for any improvement.

I would also suggest trying a password reset if the problems continue.

Good luck and please reply if you have any further questions or concerns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how the eff would changing my password help here? hm?
Posted by Member Baldy on 2/18/13 12:18 PM #8

Posted by shniggies at 02/18/2013 11:43 AM

How the eff would changing my password help here? hm?

LMAO! If I am on and you are shopping just let me know if you find a deal and I'll get them for you.

I'm pretty liquid at the moment...
Posted by Member ecocd on 2/18/13 01:01 PM #9

It's not the password changing that would help, it's the password reset. It's hard to say how all of the systems interact, but a password reset very well may flip a switch that wipes or resets a lot of trash files on the backend.

There are a few others with programming experience on here, I'm sure, and it's easy to see how they may not have anticipated some people with hundreds of thousands of AH transactions within a year. Not every system is/should be built for scaling and they might be going through some of those growing pains right now.
Posted by Member theoryzero on 2/18/13 02:04 PM #10

Is it coincidence that the 12 hour maintenance windows lines up with WoW realm maintenance at the same time and same duration? Does WoW use Battle.net 2.0? Makes me wonder if StarCraft 2 patch 2.0.4 is dropping tomorrow and has some effects on bnet that will impact D3 and WoW too.
Posted by Member shniggies on 2/18/13 03:51 PM #11

Posted by ecocd at 02/18/2013 01:01 PM

It's not the password changing that would help, it's the password reset. It's hard to say how all of the systems interact, but a password reset very well may flip a switch that wipes or resets a lot of trash files on the backend.

There are a few others with programming experience on here, I'm sure, and it's easy to see how they may not have anticipated some people with hundreds of thousands of AH transactions within a year. Not every system is/should be built for scaling and they might be going through some of those growing pains right now.

i see your point... i didn't really read that correctly
i already emptied out my send to stash, but it didn't help, but i'm hoping with the cleared cache, it may have cleared it up...

if not, i guess i'll do another giveaway :)
Posted by Member arpger on 2/19/13 04:21 PM #12

Since this is somewhat on the topic of the GMAH not working, I just bought a BOA rare ring off the auction house on the Asian server. I don't really care, but I can't resell it since it was automatically bound to me. Has anyone else seen this?http://i.imgur.com/aWFqe2G.jpg
Posted by Member ecocd on 2/19/13 05:30 PM #13

Leave it to the Chinese to find a way to sell Account Bound items on the AH. Rings can only be Account Bound if it was an account recovery on the Asian server (or a Hellfire Ring, obv). I wonder if they had their account restored, but put up the equipment before entering the game so it didn't have a chance to bind.
Posted by Member arpger on 2/19/13 07:47 PM #14

Yeah that's probably what happened, I'm just glad it didn't happen with a high-end item.
Posted by Member ninjax on 2/20/13 05:27 AM #15

I am now getting this error as well with the Bid Failed error.

Has anyone had any luck getting it fixed?
Posted by Member shniggies on 2/20/13 02:56 PM #16

its been fixed for me since the maintenance from last night
Posted by Member ninjax on 2/21/13 01:24 AM #17

I could use RMAH but not GAH.

Maybe I need to empty out my completed items. Which would freaking suck as I have almost 50.... :(
Posted by Member shniggies on 2/21/13 10:19 AM #18

you still have a problem after the maintenance?
if you are having a problem, then yea, i would try emptying your "send to stash" and if that still doesn't work, then open a support ticket, they can clear your cache which seems to have helped me
Posted by Member ninjax on 2/21/13 10:28 AM #19

Yep.

RMAH is fine. GAH is broken, error 0 when trying to list and error 31048 when bidding.

I'm going to open a support ticket anyway, I don't really like that workaround...
Posted by Member ninjax on 2/21/13 10:54 AM #20

Cancel that, while I was chatting to the relatively unhelpful support person I tried clearing out all of my open auctions. Now I can bid & list new ones! YAY

Sad though missed out on some real steals over past couple days :(
Posted by Member eastdragon42 on 2/21/13 11:36 AM #21

Ugh, I'm in the *exact* same boat--getting Error 0 when trying to post anything to the AH..! :-( Except I'm still unable to bid or post auctions no matter what I do. Checked the Blizzard forums & came across this... :(
Posted by Member ninjax on 2/21/13 12:39 PM #22

@eastdragon42

Did you try what I did? Clear all of your open auctions.. then everything started working again.

Didn't need to send everything to the stash.
Posted by Member eastdragon42 on 2/21/13 08:58 PM #23

Posted by ninjax at 02/21/2013 12:39 PM

@eastdragon42

Did you try what I did? Clear all of your open auctions.. then everything started working again.

Didn't need to send everything to the stash.

Yah, tried that.. Currently have zero auctions open. Still getting the same error message when I try to post an item for sale... :(
Posted by Member shniggies on 2/21/13 11:02 PM #24

try clearing your "send to stash" ?
if nothing else, open a ticket and have them clear your cache