Well......LOW dps stat stick

Posted by Member nuhertz on 3/27/13 09:11 PM #1

http://i.imgur.com/Z0l4pIZ.jpg

Any value at all?
Posted by Member nuhertz on 4/1/13 06:37 PM #2

Thanks to all those who looked. It sold for 50m, 42.5m to me.
Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 4/1/13 06:53 PM #3

Posted by nuhertz at 04/01/2013 06:37 PM

Thanks to all those who looked. It sold for 50m, 42.5m to me.

Seriously?! I always vendored weapons like that :(
Posted by Member Windvool on 4/1/13 06:57 PM #4

WOW! Epic sale. Didnt know things like this still sold.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 4/1/13 07:19 PM #5

Great WW Barb weapon. Off hand was near perfect for DPS stats (STR and CD with the socket).

Since the tornado damage from sprint is calculated only off the main hand weapon DPS + total for CC, CD and STR, it's just perfect for that build.

Makes your sheet DPS and DiabloProgress rankings low, but makes the build work great.
Posted by Member shniggies on 4/1/13 07:38 PM #6

wow, thats nuts 50m?
Posted by Member Raulz0r on 4/3/13 06:39 AM #7

The guy who bought this was definitely a moron, I had a very very similar weapon like this, and it has sit on the AH with a 1mil price tag for 2 weeks until I decided to vendor it.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 4/3/13 06:52 AM #8

The guy who bought this knew his stuff. A near perfect offhand. I probably underpriced, had it at 200m, 100m then 50m.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

The link above shows how the damage from the Sprint - Run like the Wind tornadoes are calculated (for those math geeks, looking at you @ecocd), and when running a WW barb, that's where most of your damage comes from.
Posted by Member ecocd on 4/3/13 08:50 AM #9

I <3 maths. I created a Dizzy Barb briefly which used a 0.24 Echoing Fury and a 21% IAS Azurewrath - fastest weapon outside of Balanced dagger. With such low proc coefficients, I didn't freeze monsters very often - 13% freeze on weapon leads to a 1% chance for a tornado to proc the freeze effect per Azurewrath tick and 1.7% chance per Azurewrath WW tick, but the Cold damage on the Azurewrath chills 100% of the time and seeing a constant spray of ice from each hit was hilarious. It wasn't particularly effective however, given the gear required.

Not only do I have some better gear now, the tick charts show relevant break points on the ticks at 2.86-3.33, 3.34-4.00 and 4.02-5.00. Looking at those, I might revisit the build and see if I can replace some equipment - Ashera's Tracks, for instance - to get more dps out of it and see how far it can go, because it was so fun.

I also didn't know that overall WW cost didn't depend upon the weapon speed and it's just a constant tick. It makes more sense why I couldn't keep WotB up even with over 3 aps. Strafe for DHs is a constant cost per attack which means more ticks is more Hatred and makes excessive IAS a bad thing. I think it's really strange Blizzard made the distinction, but they must have some reason for it.
HA HA HA HA HA HA! I almost got through that with a straight face.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 4/3/13 11:10 AM #10

Why not just get a cold damage weapon instead of the azurewrath? Seems like you could get more dps out of your tornadoes while still getting your chill effect.
Posted by Member ecocd on 4/3/13 12:11 PM #11

Posted by nuhertz at 04/03/2013 11:10 AM

Why not just get a cold damage weapon instead of the azurewrath? Seems like you could get more dps out of your tornadoes while still getting your chill effect.

Well, the thing is, cold damage has a lower capped dps. The only weapon that compares in speed is a 10-11% IAS dagger, but their weapon damage with Cold damage doesn't approach the Azurewrath. Taking into account strength bonus damage and CD, they could perhaps out-dps an Azurewrath.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to check out the auction house and see what options are there for cold damage, socketed IAS daggers. I don't suspect there are many, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 4/3/13 02:20 PM #12

@ecocd Remember with a ww spec the tornadoes are doing most of your damage, and they only work off the dps of your main hand.

That said, low cold damage would be ideal, I just don't know if you can find attack speed with the str and cd you need.
Posted by Member ecocd on 4/3/13 04:42 PM #13

There's no reason you want to have a weak offhand weapon. Why would I want one with low cold damage? The only thing that matters for any offhand weapon is that CD and LS apply to both weapons and the speed of the tornadoes depends upon the speed of the weapon you're going to swing next so you want it to be as fast as possible. That said, I don't think anyone actually keeps track of which weapon they've swung last before they start their Sprint so even the speed of the offhand matters only half the time, anyway.
Posted by Member Bort on 4/5/13 12:15 AM #14

@nuhertz

Damn... I also auto vendor/salvage any 1h weapon with less than 700 DPS. I would never have even tried to AH that. Shows you how little I really know. ;)
Posted by Member ninjax on 5/12/13 03:10 PM #15

http://i.imgur.com/HGx3pwv.jpg?1

Found this today, worth keeping around?
Posted by Member nuhertz on 5/12/13 04:40 PM #16

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. The vit and dex rolls are on the low end, but it'd have to be an offhand for a monk. Not sure what build would use that. Any monks chime in on that?
Posted by Member NightCrawler9 on 5/12/13 08:19 PM #17

Posted by nuhertz at 05/12/2013 04:40 PM

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. The vit and dex rolls are on the low end, but it'd have to be an offhand for a monk. Not sure what build would use that. Any monks chime in on that?

I don't think any monk would use that for an off hand. I wouldn't use it. Way too low of dps to be worth while. For a barb though, it'd be pretty good at least for a budget set for them. Only reason I'm hesitant on saying that it's worth more than for a budget set is at this point in the game I don't know if people still go for low dps daggers.
Posted by Member ecocd on 5/13/13 06:36 AM #18

@ninjax I'd be really surprised if it doesn't sell at all. I agree, though, that low dps and no strength means it's giving up a lot of dps. Offhands contribute damage to the primary weapon through CD and Strength. Losing strength means losing a lot of potential damage on the primary weapon.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 5/13/13 06:53 AM #19

I think @ecocd may have a point that your buyer is still a barb. Fast attack speed, vit, life steal and perfect CD make this a great offhand. Price comparables, you should easily be able to sell, maybe not for 50m tho.