Fullscreen/ Windowed/ Windowed (Full Screen)

Posted by Member douvinsky on 4/30/13 06:43 AM #1

What's the difference?

I am playing at Hardcore, I am starting to tune down a lot of video settings so that my game can run as smooth as butter to avoid disconnections.

My setting was at Fullscreen. After reading some forum discussion which says it improve performance, I would like to try Windowed (Full Screen).

It is said to fix the bug on disconnect with WW Barb (& I think maybe TR monk?)

Posted by Member EnzyOne on 4/30/13 07:01 AM #2

I play on fullscreen @ 1440x900 with low quality settings. (This computer can barely handle Minesweeper, let alone D3. =\)

I've tried windowed (full screen) and although it sharpens the image it seems to reduce overall performance with a bit of a studder.

That being said, your calculator could probably pwn my PC. =P

I'll leave this discussion to the geared-up gamers!
Posted by Member SlipryChiken on 4/30/13 07:01 AM #3

I run at 800x600 but I don't even have 3G internet, still level 40 hc and still goin not bad
Posted by Member NightCrawler9 on 4/30/13 09:39 AM #4

I use Windowed Fullscreen for D3 and just about all of my games. I have a second monitor and with windowed fullscreen I can click and do stuff on it without having to minimize my game.
Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 4/30/13 03:00 PM #5

Posted by NightCrawler9 at 04/30/2013 09:39 AM

I use Windowed Fullscreen for D3 and just about all of my games. I have a second monitor and with windowed fullscreen I can click and do stuff on it without having to minimize my game.

I was going to post the same thing. It's very useful for people with two monitors.
Posted by Member eastdragon42 on 4/30/13 11:18 PM #6

Although not using two monitors with my desktop (I do do so with the company laptop sometimes), I run D3 in Windowed Fullscreen mode as well. It seems like using ALT-TAB to go into other programs is a lot smoother when in this mode vs. Fullscreen mode...

© 2021 DiabloHub | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact