Diablo related news at Gamescom

Posted by Admin DHAdmin on 8/2/13 12:36 AM #1

During yesterdays investor call, Mike Morhaime dropped this tidbit of information, "We'll be sharing more Diablo-related news at Gamescom later this month,"

Sign of expansion?
Posted by Member nuhertz on 8/2/13 07:02 AM #2

Incgamers has all but announced it.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-expansion-announcement-hinted-for-gamescom
Posted by Member tsukiyomi on 8/2/13 11:32 AM #3

If that's the case I'm going to have to start grinding a lot more, I wanted to hit plvl 100 before the first expansion came out.
Posted by Member Bort on 8/4/13 03:47 AM #4

Relax, it's blizz. Time between official announcement and release is ages. :)
Posted by Member ninjax on 8/5/13 07:42 AM #5

I think it's unlikely to be expansion, with the game only 1 year old.

Good time to start rumors though... so how about this one?

Diablo3 is going to be free to play. No more buying the game. Blizzard wins through RMAH sales.

:)
Posted by Member nuhertz on 8/5/13 01:15 PM #6

How disgusting would that be for all the players who bought D3, lol. I find it highly unlikely Blizz would ever move to this model, becase they don't need to. They have a polished and playable game, that really is in a class of it's own.

I'm not sure if any of you remember this beauty but expansion is about right in terms of their timeline. Of course it's Blizzard, so we push it all forward 6 months to a year. :)

With all the talk about itemization, it's likely to be the expansion. I can't imagine a scenario that seperates the two.
Posted by Member hdvision on 8/13/13 05:31 PM #7

Getting closer to Gamescom. I'm going to go with a prediction from left field. Blizzard will announce something about the new features in the PS4 or Xbox one version or maybe even the release date for both at Gamescom. That's it, no D3 expansion news, just PS4 and Xbox one news.
Posted by Member Baldy on 8/13/13 06:09 PM #8

Posted by hdvision at 08/13/2013 05:31 PM

Getting closer to Gamescom. I'm going to go with a prediction from left field. Blizzard will announce something about the new features in the PS4 or Xbox one version or maybe even the release date for both at Gamescom. That's it, no D3 expansion news, just PS4 and Xbox one news.

They'll probably announce the expansion, but won't give a release date, pissing people off even further...