Gathering Wealth - What to do now?

Posted by Member eastdragon42 on 9/23/13 10:58 PM #26

Posted by MrFox at 09/23/2013 08:41 PM

I am guessing emeralds will appreciate , ruby will depreciate

Rubies depreciate? Why so? The new class being introduced in the expansion is Str-based, isn't it...? Which means a lot of players wanting to try out the new crusader will want Strength gems....
Posted by Member h311o on 9/24/13 02:29 AM #27

The speculation on what to get before AH goes down and the posts on what to keep/get and what to do with all your gold collected/sniped is imho what makes almost any stackable increase in price. Supply and demand spreads ;-)

On the other side there is almost no demand for items apart from top tier
Posted by Member eastdragon42 on 9/24/13 07:29 AM #28

Well, based on what little I've read about being able to "modify" a single stat on an item using the RoS's Mystic to "enchant" a magic item, it seems like there could be some demand for items that have one "bad" affix to it, e.g. a Mempo w/o CC. Or maybe rare gloves or rings that are bi-fecta as opposed to tri-fecta...? I personally have always upgraded gloves looking only for CC & CD, since adding on IAS to the search criteria usually pushed potential items way out of my budget. Also noticed that dual-socketed Manticores w/ high intelligence rolls are usually much cheaper on the AH than high dexterity ones; could be a potential cheap buy now to enchant later (& switch that stat from Int to Dex...)...?

Just brainstorming aloud here...
Posted by Member MrFox on 9/24/13 08:51 AM #29

Posted by eastdragon42 at 09/23/2013 10:58 PM

Posted by MrFox at 09/23/2013 08:41 PM

I am guessing emeralds will appreciate , ruby will depreciate

Rubies depreciate? Why so? The new class being introduced in the expansion is Str-based, isn't it...? Which means a lot of players wanting to try out the new crusader will want Strength gems....

My personal thoughts are:

The new floor limit for dps for weapon will be 3.3k . A measly ruby with + 180 min +180 max isn't gonna win a 100% crit dmg emerald.

However if blizz decide to make change to ruby, then it is a whole different story. I may have judged too early.
Posted by Member MrFox on 9/24/13 08:53 AM #30

Nats Legacy may be worth the buy with limited quantities in the market and the upcoming mystic, yet again I may be wrong until further insights about how mystics works
Posted by Member Dcozzi01 on 9/24/13 09:17 AM #31

I would bet that at least one of these things happens. (1) Higher tier gems drop; (2) crafting prices are lowered; (3) Crafting gems is reduced to 2 gems per upgrade from 3.
Posted by Member nuhertz on 9/24/13 04:56 PM #32

Posted by Dcozzi01 at 09/24/2013 09:17 AM

I would bet that at least one of these things happens. (1) Higher tier gems drop; (2) crafting prices are lowered; (3) Crafting gems is reduced to 2 gems per upgrade from 3.

I'm hoping you're wrong on all three accounts. I like the idea of having a marquise in ladder a pipedream....
Posted by Member Dcozzi01 on 9/24/13 08:03 PM #33

Posted by nuhertz at 09/24/2013 04:56 PM

I'm hoping you're wrong on all three accounts. I like the idea of having a marquise in ladder a pipedream....

I actually hope I am wrong too, but really with level req being upped to 70, what is the chance they DONT drop star level gems. Also people will complain that the only way to get RSE and Marquise is if you got gold before AH closure.
Posted by Member MrFox on 9/24/13 10:45 PM #34

Posted by Dcozzi01 at 09/24/2013 08:03 PM

Posted by nuhertz at 09/24/2013 04:56 PM

I actually hope I am wrong too, but really with level req being upped to 70, what is the chance they DONT drop star level gems. Also people will complain that the only way to get RSE and Marquise is if you got gold before AH closure.

if that happen I will be a sad panda
Posted by Member eastdragon42 on 9/24/13 10:52 PM #35

Posted by MrFox at 09/24/2013 08:51 AM

The new floor limit for dps for weapon will be 3.3k . A measly ruby with + 180 min +180 max isn't gonna win a 100% crit dmg emerald.

However if blizz decide to make change to ruby, then it is a whole different story. I may have judged too early.

I agree with your logic that the use of rubies in socketed weapons will be hard to compete w/ emeralds if the base damage for ilvl 70 weapons jumps up so dramatically. However, I was just thinking demand in general would go up since Crusaders would want to socket rubies in armor slots for the +Str bonus...

Posted by MrFox at 09/24/2013 08:53 AM

Nats Legacy may be worth the buy with limited quantities in the market and the upcoming mystic, yet again I may be wrong until further insights about how mystics works

Nat's Legacy set (especially the ring & helms w/ sockets) will probably always go up in value, considering the finite number in existence. Too bad the few that are currently on the market are already pretty much out of my budget anyway... :-(
Posted by Member nuhertz on 9/25/13 11:31 AM #36

I'm talking about ladder. There will be no crossover from current items in ladder.
Posted by Member Dcozzi01 on 9/25/13 12:51 PM #37

Posted by nuhertz at 09/25/2013 11:31 AM

I'm talking about ladder. There will be no crossover from current items in ladder.

I doubt they would change it for non-ladder but not ladder. Just personal opinion.
Posted by Member MrFox on 9/28/13 11:38 AM #38

Posted by eastdragon42 at 09/24/2013 10:52 PM

Posted by MrFox at 09/24/2013 08:51 AM

I agree with your logic that the use of rubies in socketed weapons will be hard to compete w/ emeralds if the base damage for ilvl 70 weapons jumps up so dramatically. However, I was just thinking demand in general would go up since Crusaders would want to socket rubies in armor slots for the +Str bonus...

Posted by MrFox at 09/24/2013 08:53 AM

Nat's Legacy set (especially the ring & helms w/ sockets) will probably always go up in value, considering the finite number in existence. Too bad the few that are currently on the market are already pretty much out of my budget anyway... :-(

With the news of capping, ruby will appreciated again. haha, seems like I am wrong again. Avg dmg is not capped

© 2022 DiabloHub | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact